Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, April 8, 2010

10w3d

I forgot to update last week after my first OB appt.  Already getting behind, not cool! :)

So, Thursday, I hauled my whole family in with me to my appt.  I figured at 9w3d I would for sure be able to hear a heartbeat and Chris insists on being there with me the first time I hear it.  That part isn't annoying, it's sweet, but the fact is -- we didn't get to hear it.  She didn't even try!!  I was beyond bummed, Cadence was beyond bored, and Chris was just, well, Chris.  He always stays calm and "whatever" in most every situation.  They were kind enough to order me an ultrasound and I was lucky enough to get a slot on Friday, tomorrow, at 8:15.  I'll be too tired to even worry about being tired.

They ordered a bunch of labs from me as well.  I went down and got about 5 vials of blood drawn and then they handed me a big brown jug and a "hat" for the toilet.  Oh man.. I have the joy of collecting 24 hours worth of urine.  I'm doing that today so I can bring it in first thing tomorrow morning... they want it fresh.. eww.  I'm sticking pretty close to home today because of it though... don't want to have to go when I'm out and have to rush home... nasty.  Enough talking about that.  Being pregnant and having to deal with a jug full of urine is not a good combination.

She did a quick internal exam since I had my annual in January.  She also gave me a breast exam and that was actually the worst part because of how sensitive they are right now... ack!  All was well though, ultimately.

So, hopefully I'll be back with some cute little bean pictures tomorrow!!! :)  Stay tuned! :)

4 comments:

  1. Oh can't wait to see the pics! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking fwd to seeing the 1st pics. I know how much of a pain the big jug of urine is. I had to do that once a week for the last 3months of my pregnancy eww!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I CANT WAIT! I had to have the jug of pee alot too with mine NOT FUN...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, girls. I hope my big jug of pee thing was a one time thing for me!!! I don't know if I can manage doing that again!! I hated it LOL!

    ReplyDelete